Founded by Julius Waxman and Samuel Levy.
Bernard Symons, after returning from World War II, purchases W&L from his brothers in-law.
Modern office and warehouse built at the corner of Second and Paxton Streets.
W&L becomes one of the first Miller Brewing Company distributors in the nation.
New and larger warehouse constructed at 1201 South Cameron Street.
Stephen Symons, Bernard’s son, joins the company.
Storm Agnes devastates Harrisburg and destroys the company’s inventory, vehicles and records, while severely damaging the office and warehouse structures. Remarkably, shipping resumes in two days.
New and larger warehouse constructed at 4050 Industrial Road.
Coors is introduced in Pennsylvania. W & L is appointed distribution rights to nine counties in Central Pennsylvania and adds an additional 16,200 square feet of refrigerated space to the warehouse.
W&L is appointed distributor for the Seagram’s Beverage Company.
Owner Bernard H. Symons passes away at age 83, after a 45-year career in the malt beverage industry.
W&L purchases the distribution rights for Pabst Brewing Company in Mifflin and Juniata counties
W&L acquires the distribution rights for Molson USA
W&L purchases the distribution rights of Brandt Distributors of Harrisburg, Inc.; including the rights to Old Milwaukee, Heineken, Labatt, Rolling Rock, and Appalachian Brewing Company.
W&L acquires additional distribution rights for Rolling Rock and Labatt.
W&L becomes an Anheuser-Busch distributor as a result of AB’s acquisition of Rolling Rock and Grolsch from United States Beverage, and AB’s merger with InBev European Import Brands, Stella, Artois, Leffe, and Hoegaarden.
W&L acquires Rogue, Stoudt’s, Spaten, Sapporo, Paulaner, Hacker-Pschorr, Fuller’s, Corsendonk, Dixie and Czechvar.
2010 – Present
W&L re-introduces Philadelphia’s Yards to Central Pennsylvania.
W&L launches Lagunitas throughout its 9 County footprint.